Saturday, August 28, 2010

Why Won't Anyone Believe Me?!

We made our way to the Nurse's hut. A half-moon was out. It might be a little past midnight. We went inside. The nurse was asleep in her bed. "Nurse Serena, Nurse Serena!" Flora called out. The Nurse groaned as she rose from her bed. "Madam Flora, what seems to be the problem?" She asked. "My daughter's friend-Spirit-has three claw-like scratches on his back, he keeps saying that they're from a nightmare he had. But that's just nonsense." I kept myself from quiet. Maybe the nurse will believe me. Go on Spirit, tell me what happened?" She asked. I explained the dream. Making sure I told her everything(except Danny)that happened. "Wow. Your dream really does describe the scratches on your back. Your not going to like hearing this, but it's just too farfetch'd. I want to believe you, but I can't."/"You gotta believe me! It really happened." I pleaded. Why won't anyone believe me?!

"Okay let's change the subject. I'm gonna put some gel on it so it won't get infected. It'll also help you heal faster." She walks to some kind of storage room and comes back with a jar with clear looking stuff in it. "Alright Spirit, turn around." I hesitated. "C'mon Spirit, it won't burn. It won't even sting. Now turn around." I caved in and turned around. She rubbed her smooth, claw less hand across my back. She was right, it didn't sting. "See what I told you. It should heal in a couple of days. Listen, I don't want you to leave unless it its a serious emergency. And I don't want you wrestling Angel. And I want you to come here everyday so I can check on you to make sure your getting better." 'Okay mom' I thought, smart enough not to say it out loud. "Okay Spirit, say thank you to the nice nurse."/"Thank you." I said sarcastically. "Oh Spirit, anyway, sorry to disturb your sleep Serena."/"No problem, goodnight Madam Flora." And with that, we made our way back to the hut. We walked in and Angel was sleeping like a baby. "Hey Spirit you wanna sleep with us? We'll find a way to make room./"No I'm fine. I'll just sleep in the corner again." 'Soon she's gonna start calling me grandson.' I thought as I walked back to my corner and drifted off once again into sleep.


To Be Continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment